First year admissions
Chimie ParisTech recruits around 100 1st-year students
- Based on the Concours Commun Mines Ponts (CCMP)
- chemistry program PC and PC*: 65 spots
- MP program: 3 spots
- The A PC Bio exam from AGRO-VETO
- “BCPST” program (BCPST agricultural and veterinary preparatory classes): 3 spots
- TPC exam
- TPC program - preparatory classes for students finishing a technical bachelor’s degree: 2 spots
- Gay-Lussac Federation
- Based on ranking - integrated preparatory classes of the Gay-Lussac Federation: 6 spots
- ATS prep exam – Chemistry professions:
- Students with a BTS or DUT in chemistry: 2 spots
- Admission based on the qualifications of students holding an L3, BTS, DUT: 10 spots
- Students who already hold a License (L3), a BTS or a DUT (or equivalent for international students) in the following subjects are eligible to apply for first-year admission at Chimie ParisTech based on their qualifications: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Life Sciences, Matter Sciences.
Depending on the undergraduate degree, there are two ways to apply:
- University admission procedure through the GEI-UNIV, available to holders of an L3 or equivalent for international candidates. This procedure can be used to apply to a dozen engineering schools. Registration between December and mid-March on the GEI-UNIV website
- Chimie ParisTech selection with application and interview: open to holders of an L3, BTS, DUT or equivalent for international candidates. Registration between early March - mid-May.
Holders of an L3 can only apply to Chimie ParisTech using one of these two methods, double applications are not admitted.
Students who have already passed the competitive examinations for prestigious engineering schools are not eligible to apply for admission based on their qualifications.
Chimie ParisTech’s Selection Procedure
Chimie ParisTech’s selection with application and interview: open to holders of an L3, BTS, DUT (or equivalent for international candidates) for admission, based on their qualifications, to the first year of the engineering degree.
Candidates must present a very good academic record and the best candidates are invited for an interview. Students will stand out by demonstrating their motivation and interest for the engineering profession. There is no age limit.
WARNING - in addition to registering on the Campus France website, international students must fill out an application for admission based on qualifications to the school.
Applications are open on the PSL platform during the following period: Monday, March 11, 2019 at 8:00 am to Monday, May 20, 2019 5:00 pm >
- Eligibility jury: 1st week of June 2019
- Publication of eligibility results: mid-June
- Admission interview: End of June 2019
- Publication of admission results: 1st week of July.
Documents to be included in the application file:
- Photo ID;
- Cover letter;
- Application fee: €50, non-refundable, regardless of the jury’s decision. To be paid by credit card via the application platform, by bank transfer or check payable to “Agent comptable de l’ENSCP”, sent to the following address:
Chimie ParisTech - Service de scolarité
11 rue Pierre et Marie Curie
75231 Paris Cedex 05
- Photocopy of the ID card or family record book. For international candidates, please attach a birth certificate as well;
- Copy of all diplomas and transcripts since high school, as well as any document suitable to establish the candidate’s level;
- At least one confidential letter of recommendation: candidates must ask teachers who have followed their studies and/or companies where they have done internships, to write a confidential letter giving their opinion on the candidate’s knowledge and their ability to pursue higher education, especially in an engineering school. The procedure will be done on the online portal directly.